Caitlin, Rediet and Carly

Caitlin, Rediet and Carly

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Update: Adoption

Okay....we definitely are not very good at keeping our blog updated. We are back into full swing with school after a great Christmas time up in Wisconsin....Sarah will post a video of our trip later.

Sarah and I are really excited about our next step. We have made the decision after much prayer and processing to start our next adoption. As I previously mentioned on our last blog, we have been praying about a girl that we met while in Addis Ababa picking up Wolasa. We have made the decision to move forward and begin the paperwork process of that adoption.

Please be praying for this.....we basically on starting the paperwork process all over again. Please pray that the process would go as quickly as possible....you still have to go through all the same steps as before - but, hopefully, it will only be a year out or so. I'm optimistic that it will be quicker.

I was sharing with this Sarah this morning and the guys in my community group later that I was really overtaken by my thoughts......."wow, Lord, I can't believe how blessed I feel like I am, I just won the lottery getting the privilige to go and adopt".

I have no idea what is going to happen from here on out. There are so many things that can happen in a process like this; I trust God that whatever does happen, I know that our hearts in starting this is to glorify Him. I trust that He loves us. I trust that He loves our daughter on the other side of the world. I trust Him that if things are really hard some day, that He loves us, and that all of this still glorifies Him.

Look forward to keeping you up to date on this process as we move forward and once we get through all of our paperwork, and God willing, get matched.

Cary

3 comments:

Kat said...

I know the feeling of starting all over again, but in another year the paperwork will be nothing :). God is just so very good that way.

Tanya said...

awesome news! it's wonderful that you are stepping out in faith and doing the "hard stuff" to make a difference in another life!

Sam said...

YAY!! I know its been some time since you posted this. I am wondering if I have any pics of her from when I was there in August? I spent a good amount of time at the care center and orphanages. Let me know if you want me to look
samsamh79@gmail.com